Adaptation Grant Now Open for Applications
November 23, 2021
The Essex Business Adaptation Grant is now open for applications. Don't miss out on an opportunity to receive support to ensure you can operate safely to prevent the spread of Covid-19.
Essex County Council has allocated an additional £400,000 in financial support to help the businesses in our district adapt to prevent the spread of Covid-19. The funding will allow businesses to adapt their premises and operations so that they can continue to operate safely and in-line with government guidance.
What help is available?
Grants of £1,000, £2,500 and £5,000 are available.
To qualify for this grant, your business is a business within the Braintree District which:
- was open and trading on 4 November 2020
- is categorised as micro, small or medium sized
- operates in a COVID secure way
- has a current and relevant certificate to show compliance with the laws and regulations relevant to its trade
A grant of £1,000 will be awarded for the:
- production of promotional material to encourage customers to follow COVID secure guidelines (e.g. floor stickers, leaflets, adverts and signage)
- training of staff on courses associated with the adaptations or changes
- costs associated with obtaining a fast track pavement licence
A grant of £2,500 will be awarded for the:
- adjustments or improvements to the physical environment to help keep staff and customers safe (e.g. sanitiser stations, protective screens and barriers)
- adjustments or improvements to reduce the risk of infection
A grant of £5,000 will be awarded for the:
- creation and running of an online presence (e.g. a digital technology platform) in order to offer 'click and collect' or delivery services
- costs associated with facilitating homeworking
- purchase of equipment to diversify operations and generate income - examples include, but are not limited to:
- Outdoor furniture, canopies, patio heaters and lighting
- Relocation of existing internal fixtures and fittings
- Motion sensors on doors
- Cycles to provide a delivery service
Which businesses are ineligible?
- Businesses that were in administration, are insolvent or where a striking off notice has been made.
- Businesses which have already received grant payments that equal the maximum levels of State Aid.
Are there any conditions?
This grant cannot be spent on works undertaken prior to 1 September 2021. You can view the full list of exclusions in our policy.
How can my business apply for this grant?
Businesses should visit www.braintree.gov.uk/helpforbusinesses to read the criteria, policy and to submit your application online.
As funds are limited, applications will be assessed and allocated on a first come, first served basis.