Ambitious Essex Supply Chain Campaign
February 24, 2023
We have received information that Essex County Council is launching a campaign to promote procurement and supply chain opportunities to Small and Medium Enterprises (SMEs) across Essex in the aim to deliver better outcomes for local people.
[Information taken from the bulletin]
SMEs are vital to growing our local economy, supporting local employment, and delivering benefits that make Essex a great place to live and work.
Through this campaign, we aim to offer guidance, hints and tips, workshops, and webinars to support SMEs looking to expand their reach into the public sector and access supply chain opportunities.
What opportunities to expect:
Essex County Council procurement teams manage over 1300 suppliers, with a total value of all managed contracts of £3.9bn. We purchase goods and services from a range of industries, supporting the delivery of statutory and non-statutory services with the aim of improving outcomes for all in Essex in receipt of our support. These include:
• Technology: software, hardware and networks
• Corporate services such as: Public Library Services, Consultancy, training and Coroners Service
• Highways and Major Schemes
• Passenger Transport: bus services for home to school, social care, and local buses
• Waste, Energy and Environment
• Construction and Schools PFI
• Housing and Facilities Management
• People service areas including older people, adults with disabilities, mental health, education, children and families and public health
What's on offer?
• Monthly newsletter bulletins providing hints and tips and where to find the latest opportunities
• Updated SME Procurement Guidance to support businesses engaging with Public Sector Tenders
• Procurement workshops delivered by Backing Essex Business
• Webinars on how to access supply chain opportunities from large contracts
If you would like to hear more about this campaign, please contact the business team [at Essex County Council].