Exciting opportunities to work within a growing company.
Peter Copsey Engineers Ltd is a precision engineering company based in Witham in Essex, specialising in complex prismatic parts for transmission and drive trains for aerospace, motorsport and the oil and gas industries. For more information, please visit our website at: https://copseygb.com
About the vacant positions
Positions available: Experienced 3 & 5 Axis CNC Millers
Role Purpose: To be involved in programming, setting vertical machining centers. We specialise in complex prismatic parts for transmissions and drive trains for the Aerospace, motorsport and other industries.
You will be involved in machining interesting parts that are small to medium batch quantities. The applicant will be required to create programs with experience using CNC mills with 5-axis control on Mazak vertical machining centers. Applicant to understand drawings with close tolerances and be experienced in machining different types of materials.
- Setting CNC vertical machining centers
- Experienced work holding methods and best practices.
- High Precision machining.
- Working to close tolerances on a variety of materials to engineering drawings.
- Operating tools to engineering drawings and designs.
- Directly involved in continuous improvement programs and quality control.
Salary TBA depending on experience, knowledge, qualifications.
Hours of work:
Monday–Friday 7.30 am– 4 pm (40 hours) with 2x 15mins paid tea breaks and 30mins unpaid lunch break
Job Types: Permanent
Probation: 3 months
Holiday: Holiday 28 days including bank holidays.
Qualification & skills required for this position:
- TO BE ABLE TO SET, RUN AND PROGRAM MACHINES
- ABLE TO READ DRAWINGS AND HAVE AN UNDERSTANDING OF CRITICAL FEATURES
- TO BE ABLE TO COME UP WITH AN EFFICIENT METHOD OF PRODUCING THE PART
- WRITE, PROVE AND RUN A PROGRAM
- TROUBLESHOOT PROBLEMS
- INSPECT PART TO DRAWINGS
- SOMEONE WHO IS CONTINUOUSLY LOOKING TO IMPROVE METHODS, IMPROVE EFFICIENCY AND IMPROVE PROCEDURES
- PREFERABLY SOMEONE WHO HAS USED HYPERMILL CAMWARE BUT THIS IS NOT ESSENTIAL OTHER SYSTEMS WOULD BE CONSIDERED I.E. DELCAM, EDGE CAM ETC
- PROGRAM MAZAK MACHINES
- APPRENTICE TRAINED
Opportunities for progression: yes
Pension: After your 3-month probation, you are automatically enrolled in the government’s pension scheme. This is a legal requirement. You will contribute 5% of your wages, while Copsey Engineering contribute a further 3%. If you wish to use an existing pension scheme, you may opt out.
Peter Copsey Engineering Ltd, 2 Wheaton Road, Industrial Estate East, Witham, Essex, CM8 3UJ